24/7 HOLD LOCKERS located in the north entrance of the Mendon Branch Library, the units are accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for pickup of Library materials.
Mercer County District Library, has installed 24/7 Hold Lockers at their Mendon Branch to allow patrons easier access to Library materials. Order your library items and then pick them up any day or time from these automated lockers using your library card!
“Installing self-service lockers is an extremely affordable way we can give 24/7 access to our library materials” said Director Elizabeth Muether
The Library used CARES Act funds to purchase and install the lockers. “Located at our Mendon Branch Library, these lockers enable patrons to pick up their books, movies, magazines and any other library items they want at THEIR convenience.” Muether explained.
The 24/7 Hold Lockers are state-of-the-art equipment. The D-Tech International unit provides space for 16 lockers and a computer kiosk. If needed, additional bays with more lockers can be added easily at a later date. The process of utilizing the lockers is quite easy:
- Residents place items on hold via the library’s system at Catalog.MercerLibrary.org or via the SEO Libraries app and select Mendon Lockers as the pickup location.
- When the items are ready, Library staff deliver them to a locker.
- Patrons receive notices via phone, email or text (depending on their preferences) when the items are available in the lockers.
- Patrons have seven days in which to retrieve the items at whatever time of day or day of the week works best within their schedules.
- Patron’s simply scan their library card at the kiosk to open the locker & retrieve items.
Self-service pickup lockers are a growing trend around the country as libraries look for ways to meet their residents’ convenience needs as well as provide contactless delivery of items due to the pandemic.
“All residents of the Mercer County District Library deserve easy access to our materials, regardless of where they live and when it fits into their busy schedules,” said Muether. “This 24/7 access allows the Library to continue to serve the community in this new contactless reality we find ourselves in.”
More information about the 24/7 Hold Lockers contact the Mendon Branch Library.